+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Knives, new and old

I own a number of ZU knives, so I'm very happy he's won this little contract, good guy, with high integrity...............I already own the knife model shown..............

You and your blades...

In a low speed post-merge manoeuvring fight, with a high off-boresight 4th generation missile and Helmet Mounted Display, the Super Hornet will be a very difficult opponent for any current Russian fighter, even the Su-27/30

MEH! I'm down to my last few dozen..................................

Cold Steel Knives Unveils New, Monster Folder

Cold Steel knives new Andrew Demkos 4-Max folding knife.Photo: Youtube.

Posted By: Matthew Cox December 19, 2016

Cold Steel knives recently introduced its “strongest,” extra-large folding knife, the Andrew Demkos 4-Max.

Demkos has a well-established history with Cold Steel, working as a designer and member of our research and development team.

“Bringing together all of the finest elements of Andrew’s design genius, the 4-Max was developed with one goal in mind, to deliver the maximum strength and highest performance within a 4″ blade limit,” officials maintain.

“This over-built beast is without a doubt the strongest knife that Cold Steel has ever produced and perhaps one of the strongest 4″ folding knife in the world.”

The 4-Max’s extra thick, extra wide, drop point blade is made from USA CPM20cv steel — offering a “near perfect balance” between durability and edge holding performance, officials maintains.

The 4-Max’s matte finished tumbled titanium liners and back spacers contrast beautifully with the Desert Tan 3D CNC machined and bead blasted American G10 grips.

The 4-Max isn’t for those looking for a low-cost blade. It retails for $600, but you can get it at Knifecenter.com for $360.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/CS6...an-g10-handles

Specifications

Item Number: 62RM
    Item Name: 4-Max
    Weight: 9.2 oz.
    Blade Thickness: 4.5 mm
    Blade Length: 4"
    Handle: 6" Long G10 Desert Tan
    Overall: 10"
    Steel: CPM-20CV Stainless Steel
    Pocket Clip: Pocket / Belt Clip
    Made in USA

I may have to get me one of these...........I like big folders...............

Extrema Ration RAO large folder................used by some/all of the Italian Special forces

Quote Originally Posted by buglerbilly View Post
    MEH! I'm down to my last few dozen..................................
    Speaking of which, know anywhere in Australia I could get my hands on a SOG 'reactor' multi-tool?
    In a low speed post-merge manoeuvring fight, with a high off-boresight 4th generation missile and Helmet Mounted Display, the Super Hornet will be a very difficult opponent for any current Russian fighter, even the Su-27/30

Depends how quick you need it mate............it'll definitely be cheaper to buy from the USA...............I can ask around and see IF anyone has one they want to sell?

This the one you re looking for?

Going for USD$49.95 from the Knife Center, who are very happy to ship to Australia................

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SOG...ng-plain-blade

More pics and spec at link above.
    Last edited by buglerbilly; 03-01-17 at 04:59 AM.

Shipping is USD$23.89, 10-21 WORKING days, usually nearer the 10...............the Aussie Ebay prices are comparable or more expensive in AUD$, and most/all ship from the USA / EU so no delivery advantage..............

I've asked around in two collector groups, someone may have one? Some of the people are into multi-tools..................go figure!

The shipping may reduce to $15.99 for you, the price I quoted is for WA.................
    Last edited by buglerbilly; 03-01-17 at 05:25 AM.

Yep, that's the one mate. But I have found a mate of mine who is off to the US and A on Saturday so he will pick one up for me. If not, the Knife Centre it will be. Cheers.

No probs and good luck!

CRKT Homefront - Most Innovative Imported Design 2016

They won this award..........and are now selling for USD$92.99 a knife...........................

http://www.shopblade.com/homefront-p...d=ssfbbl011017

VIDEO: http://youtu.be/ixLvgSZJ0es

The CRKT Homefront won the prestigious Most Innovative Imported Design Award at the 2016 BLADE Show for good reason. The Homefront features CRKT's new Field Strip Technology, a breakthrough developed over the course of 10 years by knife design pioneer Ken Onion, and ShopBlade.com is one of the first places to offer it.

The innovative Homefront sports a release wheel at the bottom of the handle that, when turned, allows for tool-free disassembly of the knife. This video shows how that works:

VIDEO: http://youtu.be/OoPUB4kEnd8

Other than the cool factor of a knife that disassembles this quickly, the BLADE staff also enjoys what this means for maintenance. Whereas a thorough clean of a gummy folder usually requires tools and time, the Field Strip Technology in the Homefront makes everything much easier. You'll not only do a better job of cleaning, you'll do it more often.

Reassembled, the Homefront is a stellar knife on its own. It's perfect for everyday carry and utilitarian tasks.

The CRKT Homefront is more than a curio for eccentric knife collections. It's proof that knife technology is getting better every day. Get yours today!

Overall Length: 8.313 inches
    Closed Length: 4.728 inches
    Weight: 4.8 ounces
    Blade Length: 3.502 inches
    Blade Thickness: 0.133 inches
    Blade Steel: AUS 8
    Blade HRC: 57-58
    Blade Finish: Brushed Steel
    Edge: Plain
    Handle Material: 6061 Aluminum
    Lock: Locking Liner

+ Reply to Thread