+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's new Presidency

I can't stand the fucker, but his push for European countries to spend at least 2% of GDP on defense is the only worthwhile thing he has said so far in his "Presidency" IMHO.

Totally agree, I still think he's a buffoon................

Quote Originally Posted by JKM Mk2 View Post
    I can't stand the fucker, but his push for European countries to spend at least 2% of GDP on defense is the only worthwhile thing he has said so far in his "Presidency" IMHO.
    So far it is more than Obama managed.

I think Trump is starting to fall a bit into the category of 'if it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid'.
    Repent!

The darkest hour of Humanity is upon us. The world
    shall meet it's end and we shall be submerged into a
    new dark age. Repent your sins, for the apocalypse,
    and the end, is extremely f@#king nigh!

Here is something to chew on: the 2% goal was reiterated at the NATO Summit in Wales 2014. When defence spending has been increasing in recent years, it is because of Wales - not Mr. Trump. Budgeting 2% for defence in Europe from year to another is political suicide so European countries do the one sensible thing: slowly increasing. Again ... not due to Mr Trump. He is just selling it as his when it is not.

And really directly comparing Mr. Obama and Mr. Trump after the first few months should also take into account the financial crisis. Very impressive that this is nowhere to be present in memory anymore. Mr. Trump has the luxury of being able to reap the support from those that never recovered after the post 2008-years while having an economy that stabilized befoe he took office.

Very true, but don't worry, the self-serving little prick hasn't stopped taking the glory for things he had nothing whatsoever to do with..................

And eventually dipshit is going to trip over his own tongue..... He can't continue to ignore the facts regarding his supposed "Fake News" rants -his ratings are dropping (although that will not be a factor in the long term). If he keeps up his stupid twitter rants he is going to alienate Congress which, for a president with Party control of both houses, is political suicide. He is gradually backing himself into a corner that he will not be able to escape from IMHO.

Are we taking bets on when the impeachment will happen yet?
    Repent!

The darkest hour of Humanity is upon us. The world
    shall meet it's end and we shall be submerged into a
    new dark age. Repent your sins, for the apocalypse,
    and the end, is extremely f@#king nigh!

NSA knocks down White House claim of British spying

Posted on March 20, 2017 by The Associated Press

Adm. Mike Rogers, commander of U.S. Cyber Command, defended his 2017 budget request to a very friendly House subcommittee on March 16. (Photo Credit: House Subcommittee on Emerging Threats and Capabilities)

Mike Rogers, the director of the National Security Agency, is denying that the British intelligence community was ever asked to conduct electronic surveillance on President Donald Trump at the behest of former President Barack Obama.

Earlier this month, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer referred to unsubstantiated allegations made by a Fox News analyst that GCHQ, the British electronic intelligence agency, had helped Obama wiretap Trump. The British intelligence agency flatly denied it happened.

The ranking Democrat on the House intelligence committee, Rep. Adam Schiff of California, asked Rogers if he thought it was “utterly ridiculous” that anyone in the U.S. would ask British spies to do surveillance on a presidential candidate. Rogers said it was and added that he had seen nothing at the NSA that would indicate that happened.

Are we taking bets on when the impeachment will happen yet?
    I'm not so sure about impeachment. The US has had some terrible Presidents (yes, even worse than Trump!!), but the Congress has been very reluctant to go the impeachment road. I think it has only happened twice (Andrew Johnston & Bill Clinton) and both times the Presidents won, despite very doubtful circumstances. The Republicans control both houses so impeachment is very unlikely IMHO. More likely Trump is going to get caught up in a money, influence pedaling or conflict of interest scandal that will force him out of office.

With the demise of his new health care program he has learned a very valuable lesson -business and politics are entirely un-compatible beasts. He may be, in his own words, the "worlds greatest negotiator" but that doesn't mean shit in the world of politics. He lost this one even though the Republicans are in control, just wait until he comes up against European, Chinese and Russian brand of "negotiation". He just ain't going to be able to hack it IMO.

Cheers
    JKM

The fault with the new health care program was that the leadership in Congress and the Senate were unable to deliver the votes, despite having majorities in both houses.

Yes, Trump should have got down and tried harder to sell the bill to waverers in both houses, but the real failure here belongs to Ryan.
    Unicorn

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
    It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed,
    the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning.
    It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

+ Reply to Thread