+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The forum has the AIDS.

Just heard back from the new host, apparently all should work. I'll probably start the new trial in the next week or so.
    Repent!

The darkest hour of Humanity is upon us. The world
    shall meet it's end and we shall be submerged into a
    new dark age. Repent your sins, for the apocalypse,
    and the end, is extremely f@#king nigh!

yeah, my new post genie is way, way out of the bottle. Straight up gone -- don't work anymore. Something be broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
    yeah, my new post genie is way, way out of the bottle. Straight up gone -- don't work anymore. Something be broke.
    Yep - still broke for me too

I'll hopefully have the new forum up on the new host in the next couple of weeks. I suspect I'd have to do a complete software reinstall to get it working properly, which usually results in the database getting fucked up in some way, so the shit show here is pretty clearly on its last legs.

Make sure you sign up to the discord server I have linked. It's going to be the interim means of communication in the event this forum ends up proper fucked before I have the new forum set up.
    Repent!

I've set up a new host to trial for a month. I'll be spending the next few days trying to get the new forum software going. This forum software got fucked up in a major way by Bluehost, so for those of you still having logging in / posting issues, not much can be done about it, the forum is on its last legs. The new host will hopefully fix the problem, then this forum will be archived.

For those that haven't already, sign up to the Discord server to stay up to date with what's happening in the mean time and to stay in contact if this forum gets proper fucked before I can set the new one up.
    Repent!

In case you haven't noticed, the forum is fucking up again. There is some sort of caching issue going on with the host. The hacked fix to post for the time being is to copy the message you want to post, then if it shits itself, refresh the page and try again. It pretty much always works after the refresh.

It's going to be a couple of months before I can get the new forum going properly. I'm going to get my web guy to set it up and admin the thing, so that I don't have to spend an eternity trying to figure out why shit doesn't work.
    Repent!

The forum seems to have entered a time warp.
    Dates are all over the shop when I view it and it seems unable to update even with a refresh in my browser.
    Activity has slowed to nothing as well - at least it appears that way
    MB

+ Reply to Thread